Wednesday 10 December 2014

Time for some CPD webinars!

25 November 2014, 7 pm

Oh, the glamorous life of the VeePee!  I am in another hotel room.  It too is dim and yellow, only without the macaroons this time.

I am sitting at my laptop, with my socks on my hands.  As if this were not sad enough, I have actually been on Twitter® twice already.  And now I am going to organise some CPD webinars.  The first will be about performance management: this means making sure your employees don’t take the mickey.  The second will be about IP portfolio management, but this is not about making sure your IP portfolio doesn’t take the mickey; it is about checking every morning that you still have the same number of patents that you had the night before, and whether they still cover the things you thought they covered and whether anybody (in particular your competitors) cares any more.

The third webinar will be about patent infringement laws across Europe.  It will compare and contrast the systems in Germany, France, the Netherlands and the UK.  This is important because when the UPC comes in, the law will say that all these contrasting systems are in fact the same, and we will need to know how much the same they are so that we can advise our clients which of the jurisdictions is likely to yield the best same outcome.

Or have I misunderstood?

No comments:

Post a Comment